Sunday 15 May 2011

Sous vide cod fillet

Today is the my first day off work since I have had my sous vide water bath so dinner could not be cooked in anything else!

I had a nice piece of cod fillet in the fridge so trimmed it nicely into two 150g portions, before consulting modernist cuisine for a recipe/method for cooking the cod.

To cook the fish to a tender outcome I heated my water bath to 41 degress celsius. I then vacuum packed the cod fillets with some olive oil, lemon juice and parsley, before putting them into the water bath for 30 minutes.

Whilst the fish was cooking I made some mashed potato to accompany the fish.

25 minutes later the fish was ready and the result was amazing!


Recipe for Sous Vide Cod Loin Fillets

Ingredients
2 x cod loin fillets (150g each)
2 x slices of lemon
2 x sprigs of parlsey
4 x tbsps olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Method
1. Vacuum seal together.
2. Cook sous vide in 41 degrees celsius water bath for 30 minutes
3. Remove from bath and season to taste

1 comment: